Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Why a Blog?

It is hard to imagine there are 152 million blogs on the Internet (as of 2010). Themes for these blogs run the gamut from entertainment to politics to religion. Some are filled with facts, but most are strictly opinions. However, many people take the bloggers' opinions as facts when they are totally incorrect. The danger arises for Christians when they read a religion blog and incorporate what he or she says into their own theology.

Therefore, I wanted to create a blog for Christians and everyone else to discuss theology and current topics in our world. I seek to be fair to the issues at hand and open to differing views.
I also want to create a place to discuss missions on a local, regional, and international level. There are many ideas and approaches to missions today - some good, some bad. Are they biblical? If we call ourselves Christians, we must live with urgency (hence the title of this blog). We must be about reaching the lost at home and around the world.

I made no apologies on two matters. First,I believe the Bible. Allow me to expand this statement: I believe the Bible was authored by God but written by human agents through the power of the Holy Spirit; the Bible is true in every area to which it speaks; each and every word is inspired; all of the Bible is equally inspired; and it is free from all falsehood, fraud, or deceit. I seek to be as biblically faithful in my blogs as humanly possible. If you disagree with me on one of my posts, please correct me with biblically supported evidence. I am not perfect or inerrant - only God is.

I also make no apologies that I am a Southern Baptist. I know everyone just stereotyped me because of this statement. However, I am Baptist because I believe in regenerate church membership, baptism by immersion, and other major Baptist doctrines. I am Southern Baptist because I believe in cooperating with other churches of like beliefs to fulfill the Great Commission. Please do not pigeon hole me because of my convictions on these matters, but be open to listening to my ideas and opinions as I will yours. I look forward to great discussions to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment